Monday, March 31, 2008

On Top of the World

Jim and I went skiing at Bogus Basin the weekend after spring break. After I'd had several practice runs on the beginner hill, he talked me into going up to the top . I was scared half to death! We rode up on a chair lift going at least a 100 mph past skiers that seemed to be skiing down cliffs. Trying to smile while this picture was being taken was not an easy task--my teeth were chattering and my whole body was shaking. From where I stood, it looked like we were on top of the world with no easy way down. Lucky for me, Jim was a patient guide as he took me down the cat tracks and the bottom half of an intermediate run. He was so excited to point out the sights. I'm afraid I didn't appreciate them much.



3 comments:

Elly said...

Mom, you're scaring me just describing it! Way to go for being so brave!

Jim said...

You did an awesome job. I was so proud of you. You didn't even fall a single time!!!

I don't remember "talking you into it." As I recall I offered you the opportunity, and you accepted. There was not even a hint of persuasion, unrighteous dominion or arm twisting involved. Honest :-)

Tori said...

Mom, you are so brave! I am giving you a big smile and two thumbs up right now! :)