Sunday, February 22, 2009

Searching for An Affordable Dream Home

I'm back! Finally. In case you were wondering what in the world happened to me, I'll tell you. I've been house hunting and traveling.

The house hunting became an obsession. It took over my life for a while. But, after weeks of searching, I discovered that the affordable dream home does not seem to exist. It was only a figment of my imagination. I just felt that in this market, if I searched hard enough, I could find it. No such luck. I found a few with potential but the improvements would make the financial stretch more than we are willing to make during this crazy unstable economy.

Therefore, we have chosen to remain in our perfectly acceptable house to be better prepared for whatever the future may hold. It's not perfect but it's warm. It's cozy. It costs little to heat and cool. It's got a big backyard full of fruit trees and gardens. It's got plenty of space for just the two of us (and even a couple of guests). It's got everything we really need. I think we can be happy here for a while longer.

No comments: