Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back to Utah to Get Started On the Wedding Preparations

Nathan and Matthew were excited to get back home after their week long stay with Grandpa and Grandma. They had missed their family! I was anxious to get started on the preparations for Sariah's May wedding. We made the drive back to Utah.

The week passed in a flurry of activity, mostly related to preparing for Sariah's wedding. We went shopping for a wedding dress and in three hours had one bought! At the second shop, Sariah fell in love with a diamond white concoction that looked gorgeous on her. I also found and purchased a champagne colored brocade wrap dress for myself. I've never spent so much for one dress in my life! Even my own wedding dress was cheaper.:)

We reviewed wedding reception ideas in preparation for the meeting with the wedding planner. Elly printed off a stack of pictures. She and Tori had put in lots of hours collecting ideas and, boy, did I appreciate all their work! Unfortunately, the wedding planner got mixed up about the meeting time and didn't show up. She promised a free wedding bouquet and use of a bridal room to make up for it. Thankfully, Elly and Sariah were able to meet with her later in the week. I got to see the room where the reception will be held--the roof of Noah's in South Jordan. It's grand! We made decisions regarding the bridesmaid and flower girl attire. Elly and I purchased some shoes. We made a dent but there is still much to do!

I watched the grandkids while Elly was at work a couple of afternoons. Maggie and I played games one afternoon until I could not longer keep my eyes open. The boys turned on their music and Becca demonstrated her dancing skills.


Becca found some children's scissors and set to work chopping off the flowers in Elly's dying flower arrangement. That kept her intently busy for an amazing amount of time.


Becca played in her room for two hours when I thought she was taking a nap. You can imagine how cranky she was by the end of the day! I tried playing a game of Mario Bros. but got completely flustered after a very short time and thankfully passed the controls to the boys.

I'm glad I got a chance to have dinner with Cami, Boone, Brett and Sariah at our favorite Italian restaurant before coming home. The food was delicious as usual. Love those kids!



Listening to audio books on CD made the trip home pass quickly. It felt good to get home! The peace and quiet after all the activity of the past three weeks was heavenly.


No comments: