Saturday, August 14, 2010

Camp EE-DA-HOW

We returned home after the wedding festivities on Sunday. I left for Girls Camp the following Tues., July 27, to fulfill my calling as ward camp director. It proved to be a great way to unwind! I loved every minute of my stay with those young women and their leaders at Camp EE-DA-HOW. Our ward young women president, Becky, and I slept and hung out comfortably in the camper. We were responsible for the first year girls who were so well behaved! It was a week filled with activity.

Each level produced and then performed a skit from a bag of objects. Ours was pink.



We had a party on the lake. (I couldn't help but notice the beautiful wildflowers as I made my way to the lake.)


Some danced and some of the brave ones swam. It was a cool evening!

There were crafts.







We participated in a service activity for the camp.


I discovered more flowers in the process that needed to be photographed.


I was awestruck by the beauty of the place!


We ate some delicious meals prepared by our camp cook, Cathy, and friends.

We played,



wrote letters to servicemen,

learned about the gospel and loving one another,


survived a "grueling" obstacle course,





studied scriptures,

and played in the lake to our hearts content.



I will forever hold fond memories of Camp EE-DA- HOW!

2 comments:

deej said...

Fun times . . . and great memories to hold on to! You're amazing me that you're still bloggin' . . . need any more bags? I know where to get some.

Dan and Dee said...

Okay, I waited too long b/f checking out your blog. So much has happened in your lives! Where in the world did you move? You left out that little bit of info. Dan says we aren't moving to Boise now that you guys are gone from there (he was actually thinking about it b/f this news!) Did Jim retire or can he work from anywhere? So many questions...
congratulations on new additions, wedding and baby...
of course I was sad by the expired passport info. sigh. we didn't get any pictures of Prague w/o you being there Janene! Let us know where you are, and did we get an announcement to the wedding? They were married on Dan's birthday and your grandson was born on my mom's b/day...just sayin...