Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's So Great About Florida?

1. Sunshine and warm temperatures! This is particularly welcome at the end of April when it has been no warmer than 50 degrees in your hometown with occasional snowstorms.

2. Our really cute grandsons, Owen (3) and Miles (7 mos.) who kept me well entertained during my visit last week.




Miles figured out how to crawl during my visit.


There was a birthday party with farms animals!

Owen refused to float on his back at swim lessons. Every time the teacher would let go to let him float, he would flip over on his tummy.:)



3. My daughter, Tori, and her husband Ryan. Tori fed me delicious meals, took me on some fun adventures and made me feel right at home. Ryan, a dentist, checked out my teeth!
4. Really cool playgrounds. The red one is my favorite!


5. You can rent chicks for two weeks at Easter! Owen loved the ones his mom brought home.

6. There's soccer for three year old kids. Owen's buddy, Logan, was in the class. They were quite the pair and often got so carried away with entertaining each other that they forgot to listen to instructions.



7. There are pools everywhere! Owen loved practicing his swimming with his dad and mom in their neighborhood pool.



That sunshine felt great!

8. We can't forget the beach. Miles loved that sand so much he ate it!




9. The beautiful Leu Gardens in Orlando. On our tour, we discovered....

...a plant with leaves as big as Owen,

a butterfly garden, a rose garden with a horseshoe shaped fountain which was perfect for cooling tired feet,



a brightly colored flower garden,

fantastic views of Lake Rowena and downtown Orlando,


a turtle discovered by Owen in some murky water, and a tropical stream.


10. My cousin Becky and her family live near my daughter's family. I enjoyed visiting with them and taking the boys to their son's first birthday party.

11. Small world experiences even happen there! I met a couple at my cousin's house whose son is
on the London study abroad program with Cami. He also served a mission in Boise!

I love my Florida visits and the last one was no exception.

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

What fun! Renting chicks...what a novel idea.
Looks like the whole time with the family was fun.