Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Annual Fall Ritual....

...of food preservation and storage. It's that time of year! This fall we added 8 pints of raisins,


60 pints of tomatoes (both grapes and tomatoes were grown in our backyard),

13 quarts of dried pears, 20 quarts of dried peaches,

and about 15 pints of frozen peaches.

We also have two boxes of apples from our backyard trees in the garage; a much smaller than usual crop due to the freezing temperatures last spring. We're ready for winter! Thanks for all your help, dear husband, Jim.

3 comments:

Tori said...

Very inspiring! Good job, guys. Would you mind saving some peaches until Christmas this time? Especially since I have my braces off now! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a big harvest. Of course, I'm not surprised...you being Wilsons and all. :)
-Claire

Dan and Dee said...

I keep seeing people's blogs where they have been preserving fruits and vegetables. I am so very jealous! I love that stuff! Especially the tomatoes and peaches. Your camping trip looked beautiful. You two are perfectly matched!
Looks like you have been busy and have had fun being that way!