Monday, April 5, 2010

March Madness

The second week in March, I was back in Utah again--for one night--for a follow up visit with the wedding planner. I finally was able to get things straight in my head and get an idea of who was going to do what!

I arrived home after that one night in Utah in time to attend the Relief Society Birthday Social. I loved the food, the chance to socialize and the amazing young men's barbershop quartet but I was exhausted by the time it was over.

Eight o'clock Saturday morning, March 13, found me at the park helping other dietitian's assemble lunches for the participants of the Basic 5 Miler. It was snowing and bitter cold. Luckily, we were able to do our work in a covered picnic pavilion but our fingers were freezing by the time we had completed the task. We all agreed that that must have been the coldest 5 mile run on record. I think we were all glad that we were not participating.

The following Sunday, I taught a lesson on "Honesty" in church. The participation was insightful and greatly appreciated (especially since we had a few visitors). I devoted the following week to preparations for the wedding (some shopping) and the trip to Florida. Stay tuned for the trip to Florida report!

Next on the list for wedding preparations is mailing the announcements (I'm a little nervous about that one), doing some sewing, and getting the yard ready for the open house. We're hoping it stops snowing for the yard work...and the open house!

1 comment:

dee said...

Wedding plans, rental cars in NYC, g.parenting, traveling, etc. sounds busy but fun.
I enjoyed catching up on your lives and enjoyed your blogs.
You guys have been busy but it sounds like it isn't going to let up anytime soon with the wedding coming up.
I can't remember what Jacob is doing in NYC...I know he is working but doing what?