Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Memories in Utah

A trip to Utah in April while Jim was in California for business ended up being a bit more stressful than expected but there were plenty of good experiences to report on. Sariah and I had a productive meeting with the wedding planner and florist. The appointment with the seamstress for the wedding dress fitting was lots of fun (after we finally found her home in the downpour).

The University Chorale of which Cami was a member performed in the tabernacle. I thoroughly enjoyed their concert, especially after Cami's friends and I moved up to the very top row so we could see our favorite performer. Chatting with Cami and her friends at Zuppa's after the concert over dinner (for some) and chocolate fondue was delightful. What a great bunch!


Elly and her kids joined me in a "spendover" at my parent's house the night of the concert. Jeff, Suzanne and family had just arrived and all were still going strong when I got there at 10:30 pm.
We finally got everyone settled down about midnight.

I took Maggie and Becca to McDonalds for lunch one day. We stayed for two hours!


Remember the Pinewood Derby cars that Grandpa helped the boys build? I got to watch the actual race. The boys were proud of their cars and were so excited to race them. The anticipation had been building for a couple of months.


They were a little disappointed because their cars didn't come in first place but they won an award!

Pizza with family members to welcome Amelia home from her mission was a little crazy because Becca wouldn't sit still for long. Thankfully, Sariah, Brett, Cami and Boone took the kids out to play so that I could do a little visiting.


No comments: