Sunday, February 3, 2008

The weather outside is frightful...

We've had more snow this past month than in the previous nine years put together! I am tempted to hibernate. In fact, one day this past week I declared that I was snowed in and refused to drive anywhere. Everyone reminded me that my car has four wheel drive and snow tires. And that, in case I hadn't noticed, the roads were clear. I pointed to all the snow in the backyard and said, "It looks like we're snowed in from here." I enjoyed my day of hibernation.





I must admit that the snow looks beautiful (as you can see from the photos of the back and front yards) and there are benefits. The schools were closed one day this past week. Cami, who was sick with the flu, was grateful that she would be missing one less day of school. The skiing at Bogus has been great. Jim goes skiing every chance he gets (and dreams of it every time he can't). I've tagged along a couple of times and, although I rarely stray far from the beginner hill, usually enjoy myself. I was encouraged this week when told by a stranger that I have good form!:) We get lots of warm toasty fires in the fireplace. For some reason they are particularly appealing on cold snowy nights. Last but not least, we'll all be happy with the abundance of water that we'll have for our lawn and garden this summer. Dare I say that that is something I'm really looking forward to--summer that is.

2 comments:

Elly said...

Wow, that's amazing for Boise! It does look beautiful. And it won't last forever, right? Spring has to come eventually...

Tori said...

Looks like you are in serious need of a trip to Florida... Can't wait to see you!