Friday, July 10, 2009

The Oquirrah Mountain Temple

The first leg of our journey to the family reunion in Colorado ended in Utah. We stayed with Elly for two nights. We helped her pack for the reunion. We visited with Grandma & Grandpa and Jeff and family. Jim enjoyed a visit with Grandma at the care center. He picked up his new chipper/shredder and lawn mower from Uncle Sam. One of our favorite experiences of the whole trip took place while we were in Utah. We toured the Oquirrah Mountain temple with Elly, Maggie, Becca, and Cami. To be in that beautiful sacred place with members of our family brought indescribable feelings of joy.


Jim, Janene & Maggie, Cami, Elly & Becca








Jim and Becca

After dinner on Wed. evening, I went on a walk with Nathan, Matthew, Maggie and Becca. They took me to their favorite playground. It was a magical place, complete with a beach! We had a grand time.


Matthew and Nathan climbed the tower first thing.

I took Becca and Maggie down to the beach. What a great place to play! The girls squealed with delight as they splashed in the water.


Nathan and Matthew played in the sand for a while. Later, Matthew asked me if it was okay for him to get in the water. I gave him permission, wondering why he had asked for it. I learned the reason when we got back to his home. No one is allowed to play in the water! It is only for looking at. It's an unposted neighborhood rule. I'm actually glad I didn't know that rule before we went to the beach because we had so much fun playing in the water. Elly was not particularly happy, though, that I had undone all her weeks of training her kids to stay out of the water.:)

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

But Janene, is not a Grandma's role to retrain the children to the consternation of their mother? I thought this was part of the eternal order of things.

Dan and Dee said...

Loved catching up again. The temple pictures and your family pictures are wonderful. Glad you are a diligent blogger!