Thursday, July 23, 2009

We didn't see any ghosts but....

We had a great time exploring a couple of ghost towns during the family reunion in Colorado. We visited Silver Plume first.





My favorite was the old school house turned museum.

It reminded me of Plymouth Elementary where I attended K-4th grade.

We took a play break at the playground.


Appropriately, Margy posed in front of the post office.

I loved the old buildings with their false facades.

Great smells were wafting from the bakery.


We made our way to Georgetown next. Nathan and Maggie discovered an old safe.


The Hotel de Paris Museum was too expensive.

Family members explored the energy museum instead for free.

I entertained Maggie and Becca....

...except for that very short period when an ant and lady bug caught their attention.

The ice cream cone break was a welcome one.

Cami, Elly, the grandkids and I shopped at a rock shop for souvenirs. We passed a cool fire station on our way to find the others. We found a playground instead.

I went off in search of the rest of the family. I found a bunch at Hamill House Museum. I loved touring that beautiful Victorian home.


On my way back to the car, I passed an old jail and the post office.
I would have liked to have spent more time exploring Georgetown but it was time to head back to the condo. The grandkids (and their mom) were exhausted and I had dinner to fix!

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

fun reunion from the looks and sounds of it. I like how you put your pictures small (I am not savvy enough to figure that out) Maybe when I got to visit Clinton he can educate me.