Sunday, July 25, 2010

Camel's Back Park

A hike with the stake young women and Girl's Camp leaders in May at Camel's Back Park instilled in me a desire to return and explore those rolling hills some more. Due to all the rain we had had, they were so incredibly beautiful! That opportunity didn't come until July 2. I was finally able to return, with Jim, and explore--on bicycles. Unfortunately, we had left the camera at home which really didn't matter because I was so busy trying to keep my bicycle on the narrow trail and myself from falling off of the bicycle that I didn't really notice the scenery. I'll be the first to admit that I am not very adept at riding bicycles up and down steep narrow trails. To make matters more interesting, a wind was blowing in a storm that was threatening to pour rain down upon us at any minute. Thankfully it didn't rain until we were loading up the bicycles. However, feeling a little bit cheated, I suggested to Jim that we return the next evening to explore on foot--and take pictures. He thought it was a great idea (I'm so lucky to have such a supportive husband) and we did just that. In fact, we each took our own camera and had a fabulous time. The conditions were perfect for taking pictures. Here's Jim's photos:



There were wildflowers everywhere!



The views were spectacular.
The light was just right for taking some interesting photos.




Some plants seemed to glow.







Here are my photos:


I guess Jim used my camera to take a picture of me.







It turned out to be one of my favorite dates of the summer. Thanks so much, Jim!

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

Looks like you two have a lot of fun!
Great photos!